Welcome to the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize – Student section
Entrants to the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize – Student section are asked to tell a story of how they experience living in Australia; places, people and lifestyle that make our lovable country quintessentially Australian.
Total Prizes $20,000 + cameras
Years 11-12: $5,000 each for the Winner & their school
Years 9-10: $3,000 each for the Winner & their school
Years 7-8: $2,000 each for the Winner & their school
Primary School: A camera for each finalist
Entry to the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize – Students section is free for all Australian school children.
School students are limited to the first 5 entries submitted.
PLEASE NOTE: If entering multiple times, only one photograph will show up on the student gallery page.
Midnight Wednesday 6 March, 2019
The 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize Exhibition will be held this year at Juniper Hall Paddington, NSW from Saturday 4 May 2019.
To ensure our emails do not end up in your Junk Inbox, add our email address firstname.lastname@example.org into your address book.
CALL FOR ENTRIES IN THE 2019 MORAN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHIC PRIZE - STUDENT SECTION
Entry form and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions must be completed online at www.moranprizes.com.au by the 2019 MCPP closing date and time: Midnight Wednesday 6 March 2019.
Please make sure you have permission from your parent or guardian BEFORE you enter and take care to enter all details accurately. Once submitted, entries are final and cannot be altered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - STUDENT SECTION
1. Entrants must be of school age (under 19) within 12 months preceding the 2019 closing date: 6 March 2019.
2. All entrants must be an Australian citizen or resident for at least one year prior to the MCPP closing date: 6 March 2019.
3. Entries to the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize – Student Section must:
• be an original work, completed and owned by the submitting photographer,
• be still, photo-based artwork, including analogue and digital photography,
• have been taken between 8 March 2018 and 6 March 2019, and
• have been taken within Australia.
HOW TO ENTER
4. Each entry must be submitted online as a jpg, png, or gif file between 4MB and 8MB via www.moranprizes.com.au by the 2019 MCPP closing date and time.
5. Entries may be made by individual students, or teachers may coordinate student entries on behalf of students. For all entries, the entrant's parent or guardian must consent to the entrant participating in the competition, and to these terms and conditions of entry (as set out in the online entry).
6. Any photographs that are watermarked will not be accepted.
7. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
8. Students are restricted to the first 5 entries submitted.
IMPORTANT - FOR PARENT AND GUARDIANS
9. The student’s parent or guardian warrants that the work submitted is original and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party, and that the student owns all rights and interests in the works submitted and they have their parent or guardian’s permission to enter the competition.
10. Copyright ownership in all of the photographs entered and/or exhibited will remain with the student.
11. In consideration of the recognition the student receives from their work being exhibited in the 2019 Students MCPP, Moran Arts Foundation, at the request of the student's parent/guardian accepting the student's entry, the parent/guardian will indemnify and keep indemnified the Moran Arts Foundation against any claim by a third party in relation to the work. For the purpose of these terms and conditions of entry, the parent/guardian of a student means the person or persons nominated as the student’s parent or guardian on the entry form and who signs the semi-finalist entry form in that capacity.
12. In consideration of the publicity and exposure they receive from their work being exhibited in the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize, each semi-finalist grants to the Moran Arts Foundation, touring partners and sponsors a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free licence to use his or her photograph entered and exhibited in the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize for the advertising and promotion of the Moran Prize in any form of media now known or yet to be devised, both from the date the semi-finalists are announced and in future years. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Moran Arts Foundation is not liable to pay the student any fee, royalty or other form of remuneration for this right.
13. The Winners for each secondary school category will be announced publicly at the opening of the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize Finalist Exhibition on Tuesday 7 May 2019 at Juniper Hall, Paddington NSW.
14. The finalists selected will form the 2019 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize Finalist Exhibition - Student Section to be held at Juniper Hall, Paddington NSW from Saturday 4 May 2019.
15. Moran Arts Foundation reserves the right to exhibit or display finalists’ works at additional venues to be determined by Moran Arts Foundation until December 31, 2020 as part of the 2019 MCPP Travelling Exhibition.
16. The judges have absolute discretion in selecting the finalists and winners and the judges' decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Moran Arts Foundation reserve the right to declare ineligible any work that does not conform to their interpretation of the terms of the Conditions of Entry. The Moran Arts Foundation and the judges have absolute discretion in determining the eligibility of an entry and no discussion, appeal or correspondence will be entered into.
20. Employees and relatives of the organisers of the competition and of Moran associated entities are ineligible to enter.
I have read all the terms and conditions of entry and agree to abide by them.
By ticking this box you are legally bound to these terms and conditions.