Welcome to the 2015 Moran Contemporary Photography Prize
The Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize invites photographic entries that interpret ‘Contemporary Life in Australia’ with an emphasis on day-to-day life.
Total Prizes $80,000 + opportunity to exhibit at Juniper Hall Paddington NSW
First Prize: $50,000 (Fifty Thousand Dollars)
All Finalists: $1,000 + Opportunity to exhibit at Juniper Hall, Paddington
4pm Monday 31 August, 2015
The 2015 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize Exhibition will be held at Juniper Hall, Paddington NSW from Thursday 29 October 2015 until Sunday 14 February 2015.
Please ensure our emails do not end up in your Junk Inbox by adding our email address, email@example.com into your address book.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions of Entry before finalising your entry.
CALL FOR ENTRIES IN THE 2015 MORAN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHIC PRIZE (MCPP)
Entry form, acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and a non-refundable entry fee of $25 per
work must be completed and paid online at www.moranprizes.com.au by the MCPP 2015 closing
date and time: 4pm AEST Monday August 31, 2015.
Please take care to enter all details accurately. Once submitted, entries are final and cannot be altered.
A panel of Australian and international judges including Alan Davies, former Emeritus Curator of
Photographs at the State Library of New South Wales will judge the 2015 MCPP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - OPEN SECTION
1. The photographer must be over the age of 18 years as at the MCPP closing date, August 31, 2015.
2. All photographers must be an Australian citizen or resident for at least one year prior to the
MCPP closing date, August 31, 2015.
3. Entries to the Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize 2015 – Open Section must:
· be an original work, completed and owned by the submitting photographer,
· be still, photo-based artwork, including analogue and digital photography or staged and
directorial photo-media work, and
· have been taken within the 12 months preceding the MCPP 2015 closing date.
· have been taken within Australia
· have suitable resolution to be printed between 596mm x 422mm (A2) and 841mm
(w) x 1189mm (h) (A0)
· It is the entrants responsibility to ensure any featured individuals have granted
permission in writing.
4. The Prize is acquisitive and the winning photograph immediately becomes the property of
the Moran Arts Foundation.
HOW TO ENTER
5. Each entry must be submitted online as a jpg, png, or gif file between 4MB & 8MB via
www.moranprizes.com.au accompanied with a completed entry form and a non-refundable entry
fee of $25 for each photograph submitted.
6. Any photographs that are watermarked will not be accepted.
7. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
8. Semi-finalist photographs will be selected by the judges, having viewed all entered works
9. Photographers whose works have been chosen as Semi-finalists will be notified by email or
telephone of their success by Tuesday September 15, 2015.
10. ALL Semi-finalist entries will be displayed on www.moranprizes.com.au and may also be
displayed on other social media at the discretion of the Moran Arts Foundation.
11. From the Semi-finalists the judges will select thirty Finalists.
12. All thirty Finalists will receive one thousand dollars.
13. To give further exposure, all thirty Finalists will be eligible to be invited for a solo or group
exhibition at Juniper Hall, at the discretion of the Moran Arts Foundation. Group exhibitions will
be with other finalists.
14. The thirty Finalists selected will form the 2015 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize
Finalist Exhibition to be held at Juniper Hall, Paddington NSWfrom Thursday 29, 2015 closing
February 14, 2015. Juniper Hall will be closed for Christmas from Monday December 21, 2015 until
Tuesday January 5, 2016.
15. Photographers whose works have been chosen as Finalists will be notified by email or telephone
of their success and are required to deliver their works to the Sydney judging venue by Friday
October 16, 2015.The Moran Arts Foundation will advise the Finalists of the size requirements for
printing each photograph for the exhibition space.
16. Before delivery to the Sydney judging venue, entrants' must ensure their works are clearly
marked on the back with the following items:
· entry to MCPP 2015,
· title of photograph,
· date of execution,
· photographer's name,
· photographer's address including postcode.
17. All works must be suitably framed or mounted and wrapped with bubblewrap for safe handling.
Perspex, no glass please. The back of each work must be fitted with a 2-point hanging system (D-ring
latches preferred). Moran Arts Foundation reserves the right to replace the entrant’s hanging device
at its own cost and absolute discretion.
18. All Finalists must ensure they submit the electronic signed artists' Finalist entry form which
will be emailed to them when they are notified.
19. The Winner of the $50,000 First Prize money will be announced publicly at the opening of the
2015 Moran Prizes Exhibition on Wednesday October 28, 2015.
20. Moran Arts Foundation reserves the right to exhibit or display Finalists’ works at additional
venues to be determined by Moran Arts Foundation until October 30 2016 as part of the 2015 MCPP
Travelling Exhibition. Finalist photographs (excluding the winning photograph) will be returned free
of charge to their designated state collection depot at the conclusion of the 2015 MCPP Travelling
Exhibition for immediate collection by the artist, at a date to be confirmed.
21. From the thirty Finalist works the judges will decide on the FIRST PRIZE WINNER of fifty
22. In consideration of the monetary prize, the FIRST PRIZE WINNER assigns a non-exclusive
licence in his or her photograph entered and exhibited in the 2015 MCPP to the Moran Arts
Foundation. This assignment will take effect immediately upon announcement of the Winner, and is
absolute, irrevocable and applies throughout the world. As a condition of his or her receipt of the
monetary prize, the Winner must sign a written form of assignment to give effect to the assignment
contemplated by this clause.
23. The photographer warrants that the work submitted is original and does not infringe the
copyright, moral rights or other rights of any third party and that he or she owns all rights and
interests in the work submitted. The photographer will indemnify and keep indemnified the Moran
Arts Foundation against any claim by a third party in relation to the work.
24. Copyright ownership in all of the photographs entered and/or exhibited will remain with the
25. In consideration of the publicity and exposure they receive from their work being exhibited in
the 2015 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize, each Finalist grants to the Moran Arts Foundation
a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free licence to use his or her
photograph entered and exhibited in the 2015 Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize for the
advertising and promotion of the Moran Prize in any form of media now known or yet to be devised,
both from the date the Finalists are announced and in future years. Entrants acknowledge and agree
that the Moran Arts Foundation is not liable to pay the Finalist photographers any fee, royalty or other
form of remuneration for this right.
26. Photographers are advised to insure their works against loss or damage during the 2015 MCPP
competition periods of travelling, handling, judging, exhibition and storage. All reasonable care is
taken with all entries but the Moran Arts Foundation takes no responsibility whatsoever for loss or
damage however caused to any works submitted.
27. The judges have absolute discretion in selecting the Finalists and Winners and the judges'
decision will be final and not subject to discussion or appeal and no correspondence will be entered
28. The organisers of the competition reserve the right to declare ineligible any work that does not
conform to their interpretation of the terms of the Conditions of Entry. The Moran Arts Foundation and
the judges have absolute discretion in determining the eligibility of an entry and no discussion, appeal
or correspondence will be entered into.
29. The Moran Arts Foundation uses a commercially reasonable level of skill and care in providing
the website and running the competition. However, the Moran Arts Foundation cannot guarantee that
the website will be live or error free all of the time.
30. Employees and relatives of the organisers of the competition and of Moran associated entities
are ineligible to enter.
I have read all the terms and conditions of entry and agree to abide by them. *
By ticking this box you are legally bound to these terms and conditions.